Terms and Conditions
Last updated: December 2017
Since 2002 we have developed our expertise and highly value integrity. With this Alive Personal Training has developed terms and conditions for both our trainers and you, the client. These apply to everyone equally and unconditionally.
Agreement and Release of Liability
- In consideration of being allowed to participate in the personal fitness training activities and programs of Alive Personal Training and to the use of equipment and services provided, in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I do hereby forever waive, release, and discharge Alive Personal Training and any of the employees/contractors, agents or others acting on behalf of Alive Personal Training from any and all claims or liabilities for injuries or damages to my person and/or property. This includes damage caused by the negligent act or omission of Alive Personal Training and any of the employees/contractors, agents or others acting on Alive Personal Trainings behalf, arising out of or connected with my participation in any activities, programs, or services of Alive Personal Training. It also includes the use of any equipment at various sites, including home, provided by and/or recommended by Alive Personal Training.
- I have been informed, understand and am aware that strength, flexibility, and aerobic exercises, including the use of equipment, are potentially hazardous activities. I have also been informed, understand, and am aware that fitness activities involve a risk of injury, including a remote risk of serious disability or death, and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and machinery with full knowledge, understanding, and acknowledgment of the dangers involved.
- I have completed a ParQ (health and fitness questionnaire) honestly and correctly and I am aware that any pre-existing ailments, injuries or conditions should be checked by the appropriate professional and a clearance obtained before I begin participating in any physical activity. I hereby agree to explicitly assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death.
- I do hereby further declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent my participation or use of equipment or machinery. I do hereby acknowledge that I have been informed of the need for a physician’s approval for my participation in the exercise activities, programs, and use of exercise equipment. I acknowledge that it has been recommended that I have yearly or more frequent physical examinations and consultations with my physician as to physical activity, exercise, and use of exercise equipment. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in the exercise activities, programs, and use of equipment without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation in said activities, programs, and use of equipment.
- I understand that Alive Personal Training's provision and maintenance of an exercise/fitness program for me does not constitute an acknowledgement, representation, or indication of, or a medical opinion regarding, my physiological well-being.
Payment for personal training sessions is a prepay basis. Invoices are given directly to a client by Alive Personal Training and are due upon receipt.
Payments are to be made by internet banking transfers.
Session payments are nonrefundable. Any unused sessions must be used within the specified date on invoice date or they become void. As a courtesy please give a 14-day notice prior to terminating services.
One on One Sessions
Times for Personal Training sessions are set out and on a scheduled appointment basis. It is asked that clients give 24 hours’ notice when cancelling an appointment. This means that a cancellation should be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
Each session is based on a 60-minute time frame, including a variety of a workout, nutritional advice, time management, stress management, a thorough stretch and fun! It is expected that you will wear comfortable clothing to allow for any physical activity, along with appropriate athletic footwear. Please bring your personal water bottle and towel to each session.
Trainers from Alive Personal Training agree to be on time for appointments so that you get the most out of your session. If the trainer is unable to make an appointment they will endeavour to give you 24 hours’ notice before the appointment. If the trainer fails to do so you will not be charged for your next session. You agree to be ready on time for appointments. If you are more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled session, it will be considered a no-show and you will be invoiced a standard session price. You also agree to give trainers from Alive Personal Training 24 hours’ notice of a cancellation. If you are unable to do so a late cancellation fee, equivalent to the price of one training session will apply.
Group sessions are paid for in advance and are a set number of sessions over a certain period of time. These are not negotiable as they are planned in a group setting. If due to illness or other circumstances you are unable to attend a session you forfeit that session.
I agree to the terms and conditions set out in this contract. I also acknowledge that improvement in my health and physical fitness will be gradual and beneficial.