With our tropical Summer weather, my garden has been rapidly producing a fabulous crop. In particular cherry tomatoes, basil and cucumbers. It’s perfect timing as with this hot weather, salads are a refreshing meal or meal accompaniment.
Here is a great salad that is so hearty it can be your main meal. And don’t worry, if you don’t have a garden harvest -these vegetables are in season therefore easily purchased at your local green grocer or farmers market.
Cucumber, tomato & mixed bean salad:
Serves: 4 main meals
Prep Time: 5- 10 min
(how quick are you at chopping?)
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- 1 big handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 big handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 400 g tin 4 bean mix, rinsed
- 100 g pitted kalamata olives
- 50 g of your favorite feta, diced
- Drizzle good quality olive oil (I use Cobram Estate Premiere)
- Drizzle red wine vinegar
- Prepare (chop/rinse) all items as listed above
- Throw them all into a serving bowl
- Drizzle over the olive oil & red wine vinegar, gently mix around
- Serve & enjoy!
- I sometimes add lettuce or snow peas to this, depending how much is in the garden. I try to add 3 different vegetables for nutrition.
- This recipe is covering vegetable, protein, essential fats, carbohydrates, dairy intake.